Viewing "Bench and Bar of Lac qui Parle County." (1916)
Lac qui Parle County was established by the legislature on March 6, 1871. This article covers over fifty years of the bench and bar of the county in four pages. Four judges served the county from 1875 to 1916. In 1916 there were ten members of the county bar, one of whom was the clerk of court, another publisher of a newspaper. It appeared first as a chapter in a joint history of Chippewa and Lac qui Parle Counties published in 1916.