Viewing William L. Parsons (1858-1939).
William L. Parsons arrived in Fergus Falls in 1882 to practice law. He was twenty-fours years old and already a member of the New York bar. In 1886, he formed a partnership with James A. Brown, and their firm soon became one of the most prominent in the area. He served as a Federal Referee of Bankruptcy from 1898 to 1913. In 1913, a third judgeship was added to the Seventh Judicial District, and Governor Eberhart appointed Parsons to fill this slot. He served until late 1927, when he resigned. He died on January 13, 1939, and the following day the Fergus Falls Daily Journal published his obituary.