Viewing Lac qui Parle County Courthouses and Jail. (1916)
The commissioners of Lac qui Parle County, organized March 6, 1871, leased "a small frame building," once used as a hotel in the village of Lac qui Parle, as the courthouse until 1875. A store building was rented from 1875 to 1883, when a new courthouse was built and occupied. In November 1886, the county seat was relocated to Madison, where a new courthouse was erected.