Viewing Early Courthouses of Winona County. (1913)
One week after Winona County was formed on February 23, 1854, its commissioners bought land for county buildings in Winona, the county seat. Construction, however, was delayed, forcing the county to rent space until 1862, when a new county building was constructed and occupied. Twenty years later, the commissioners authorized erection of a new courthouse, which was dedicated in 1887.