Viewing Courthouses of St. Louis County. (1921)
The first court house in St. Louis County was a room in Luce's warehouse where numerous government services were provided--it was a post office, land office, and register of deeds office, among others. Court proceedings, however, were not held there. In 1859, four years after the county was formed, the first court session was held "in a little unfurnished room" in an unidentified building in Duluth.