Viewing The First Court House of Todd County (1915)
Formed on February 20, 1855, Todd County's first courthouse was an existing, newly-mortared building in Long Prairie, which it received as a donation in 1870. Three years later, a new two-storied courthouse was built. In 1883, another courthouse, the county's third, was erected. In 1900, forty-five years after the county was formed, its first jail was built.