Viewing Judge Charles Bechhoefer (1864-1932).
After arriving in St. Paul in 1885, Charles Bechhoeffer began an apprenticeship with the John B. and W. H. Sanborn firm. There he remained for about two years. He then opened his own practice, specializing in real estate, probate and tax law. In 1923, he was appointed to the bench of the Second Judicial District. He served on the district court until 1931, when he resigned because of illness.